These Terms of Service were posted on 3 November 2023 and are effective from 17 November 2023. See previous terms
These terms of service (the "Terms of Service") describe the terms pursuant to which eBay offers you access to its eBay Stores service, and all related services, applications and tools (together the "Service"). You are contracting with an eBay company (individually and collectively referred to as "eBay", "we", "our" or "us") determined by your country of residence. For example and as listed in our User Agreement, if you reside in Australia, you are contracting with eBay Marketplaces GmbH. By signing up for an eBay Store, you agree to all terms in this Terms of Service.
As used in these Terms of Service the following definitions shall apply:
- Calendar month means the first day of the month through the last day of the month.
- Billing Cycle shall mean the approximate 30-day period during which a seller may accrue fees, discounts, refunds or credits. A Billing Cycle shall begin on the first calendar day of the month and end on the last day of the same calendar month.
- Subscription Start Date shall mean the date that you sign up for your Store subscription. You may start a subscription at any time.
- Mandatory Subscription Period means the period between the Subscription Start Date and the end of the first full calendar month of your current subscription.
1. eBay Store packages
To open an eBay Store, you must choose a Store subscription package. There are three store ("Store") subscription packages:
- Basic Store
- Featured Store
- Anchor Store
eBay Store subscription packages include access to various marketing tools such as Promotions Manager or Promoted Listings, which may have additional terms and conditions that you'll need to agree to when you start using the tool.
2. Stores subscriptions
The term of a Store subscription is monthly. A subscription term will start the first day of the first full calendar month falling after your Subscription Start Date. A monthly Store subscription renews for continuous, one-month periods spanning the first day of the calendar month to the last day of the calendar month. The period spanning the first day of the first full calendar month falling after your Subscription Start Date through the last day of the one-month period included in your subscription is the "Subscription Term".
All Store subscriptions renew automatically, unless cancelled or modified under these Terms of Service.
3. Fees for Store Subscriptions
Each Store subscription package has its own fee structure for final value fees. By registering for a Store, you agree to pay all applicable fees for Store subscribers (“eBay Store Fees”) as stated on the eBay Store selling fees pages as may be updated from time to time:
Note that if your primary registration address is in Australia, Australian GST of 10% is payable on your eBay fees. If you're a business customer and are registered for GST in Australia, you can get a GST exemption if you register your Australian Business Number (ABN) with eBay.
Store subscription fees
eBay Store Fees include, but are not limited to, recurring subscription fees paid monthly (“Monthly Subscription Fee”). The Monthly Subscription Fee will be charged at the beginning of your Billing Cycle along with other fees associated with your Store subscription package. Upon renewal of your subscription, the eBay Store Fees will be the fees associated with your Store’s package at the time of renewal.
Monthly free listing entitlements
All sellers with an eBay Store subscription on eBay.com.au are entitled to 250,000 free listings per month for items listed in auction-style or fixed price format in most categories. An excess listing fee of $0.05 (excl. GST) per listing will apply if you have used up the monthly free listings, or if you list an item in a category that is excluded from free listings (see our category pricing list (PDF) for details of exclusions. Unused free listing entitlements and other benefits don’t carry over to the next calendar month and are reset at the beginning of each calendar month. Listings that renew on a monthly basis will be included in the calculation of any free listing entitlements.
4. Payment of eBay Store Fees
5. Initial Billing
Initial Subscription Charge: When you sign up for a Store subscription for the first time, we will charge you a pro-rated Monthly Subscription Fee equal to the number of days occurring from your Subscription Start Date to the first date of your Subscription Term (the "Initial Subscription Charge"). The billing period for the Initial Subscription Charge shall be known as the "Prorated Period".
Monthly Subscription Fee: After the Initial Subscription Charge, you shall be charged the Monthly Subscription Fee(s) in accordance with the Billing Cycle.
Most of your Store's benefits start immediately. Feature fees for Store subscribers will apply to new or renewed listings. The final value fee discount for your Store package only applies to listings which were started or renewed after you subscribed to your Store.
6. Examples of billing for Store subscriptions
Monthly subscription when your Billing Cycle starts at the beginning of each month
You sign up for a monthly Store subscription. You are charged the Initial Subscription Charge for the Prorated Period (22 May through to 31 May) on or about 22 May.
7. Cancelling your subscription
There's no fee for cancelling a monthly subscription, although you will be billed the subscription fee for either the Mandatory Subscription Period (if you've only recently subscribed), or the entire calendar month during which you cancel. In those circumstances you will continue to receive the Store benefits until the end of the Mandatory Subscription Period or calendar month (whichever is applicable).
When cancelling your Stores subscription:
If you cancel your Store during the Mandatory Subscription Period (i.e. before the end of the first full calendar month after you signed up):
- You're billed the current Store subscription fees for the Mandatory Subscription Period.
- You receive the current Store subscription benefits for the Mandatory Subscription Period.
- After the Mandatory Subscription Period, you pay standard fees for any new or renewed listings.
If you cancel your Store after the Mandatory Subscription Period (i.e. after the end of the first full calendar month after you signed up):
- You're billed the current Store subscription fees for the entire calendar month during which you cancel.
- You receive Store benefits corresponding to the current subscription until the end of the calendar month during which you cancel.
- Starting the next calendar month, you pay standard fees for any new or renewed listings.
- Fees for listings are based on the terms in effect when the listing is started and when it renews.
8. Changing your Store subscription
You can change your Store subscription level at any time.
When upgrading your Store subscription (changing your Store subscription level to one with more benefits):
- Fees for your current subscription for the current Billing Cycle are pro-rated and the unused portion of your current subscription is credited back to you. Your upgraded subscription fee is also pro-rated for the current Billing Cycle and your upgraded subscription is treated as a new subscription.
- Your free listing entitlement from the package being cancelled ends immediately. (Any unused free listings from your previous subscription don't roll over.)
- The final value fee discount for your new Store subscription package only applies to listings which were created or renewed after you upgraded your Store subscription.
- Your upgraded Subscription Start Date, Mandatory Subscription Period and renewal date is reset based on the date you change your subscription.
When downgrading your Store subscription (changing your Store subscription level to one with fewer benefits):
If you downgrade your Store subscription level during the Mandatory Subscription Period:
- You're billed at the current higher subscription fee rate for the Mandatory Subscription Period.
- You receive the current higher subscription Stores benefits for the Mandatory Subscription Period.
- Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the Mandatory Subscription Period.
- You're billed at the downgraded subscription fee rate immediately after the Mandatory Subscription Period.
If you downgrade your Store subscription level after the Mandatory Subscription Period:
- You're billed at the current higher subscription fee rate for the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
- You receive Store benefits corresponding to the current higher subscription until the end of the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
- Your new downgraded subscription benefits are effective immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
- You're billed at the downgraded subscription fee rate immediately after the calendar month during which you elect to downgrade.
- Fees for listings are based on the terms in effect when the listing is started and when it renews.
- We may amend these Terms of Service terms by posting the amended terms on www.ebay.com.au. Our right to amend the Terms of Service includes the right to modify, add to or remove terms. Except as stated otherwise in our User Agreement or elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted.
- eBay reserves the right to substitute, replace, or remove Stores features and functionality. In addition, eBay may update select Stores or its Stores program generally, either on a temporary or permanent basis. Such updates may include changes to the look and feel of the Store or the addition of new features or functionality. In the event that eBay decides to make any substantive changes, we will provide you with written notice 30 days in advance, but with no such advance notice required for minor changes or the introduction of additional services or benefits as part of your eBay Store subscription package.
- eBay reserves the right to cancel your Stores subscription at any time or decline to renew your Stores subscription if you do not meet eBay's Stores subscription eligibility requirements.
- You acknowledge and agree that eBay may, upon 30 days' notice to you via email, change your eBay Stores subscription type if you don't meet eBay's then-current applicable subscription requirements. If this occurs, you're billed as described above. Such change may increase or decrease the fees you pay for eBay Stores and listings.
- If you believe that your subscription has been incorrectly cancelled or not renewed or your subscription type incorrectly changed, you should contact Customer Service providing your reasons. eBay will consider such requests in good faith.
- At any given time you can only have one active Stores subscription across all sites per username.
- You may be required to limit your number of listings if, in eBay'’s reasonable opinion, the number of your listings are excessive and unproductive and/or cause operational issues for eBay. Listings that are not removed may attract additional fees.