Buying items with eBay Guaranteed Delivery
With eBay Guaranteed Delivery, you can search for items that will arrive by a specific date, including the next 1-2 days. If the item you bought doesn't arrive by the guaranteed delivery date, we'll make it right.
Finding items with Guaranteed Delivery
To quickly find items that are guaranteed to arrive in 3 days or less, just use the toggle at the top of your search results.
If you need an item by a specific date, you can also refine your search results to show only items that are guaranteed to arrive in time. If you're searching for an item from your mobile device, tap Refine to see the Guaranteed Delivery option. If you're using a computer, you'll find the Guaranteed Delivery option on the left side of the page.
Once you find the item you want to buy, you may have the option to select a different postage option. Just remember, the postage cost may be different and the delivery date may not be guaranteed.
If you need a reminder after you buy your item, we'll send you an email with your guaranteed delivery date, and we'll also show your guaranteed delivery date in your purchase history in My eBay and on your order details page.
If your item doesn't arrive by the guaranteed delivery date
If the item you bought with Guaranteed Delivery doesn't arrive on time, we'll make it right.
To let us know, you can either:
- Find the Guaranteed Delivery information in your order emails and click let us know. Then click Report delivery issue on the order details page.
- Find your item in your Purchase history and select Report late delivery.
Next, select an option to let us know how we can make it right for you. You may be able to:
- Receive a coupon that you can use on a future eBay purchase (if postage was free)
- Get a refund for the postage cost (if you paid for postage)
- Return the item for free and get a full refund (if the seller accepts returns)
- Let the seller know that you didn't receive your item.
That's all you have to do! We'll process your request right away. Just make sure that you let us know within 30 days from the guaranteed delivery date.
Note: Coupons will be available in My eBay and they expire 30 days from the date they're issued. To redeem the coupon, enter the code at checkout.
eBay Guaranteed Delivery Terms & Conditions
- Acceptance. By using or attempting to use eBay Guaranteed Delivery you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Conditions. eBay Guaranteed Delivery is only available for eligible items from selected sellers for delivery to selected regions. Once the guaranteed delivery date has passed, you have 30 days from the guaranteed delivery date to let us know the item's late so we can make it right. You won't be able to access the postage cost refund or coupon after the 30-day period has elapsed.
- Stock. Sellers are responsible for their own stock and eBay does not guarantee the availability of stock. eBay Guaranteed Delivery is only available while stock lasts.
- eBay rights. Without limiting other remedies and in addition to eBay's rights under the User Agreement, eBay reserves the right to disallow or reverse a discount or prohibit access to this offer in circumstances where eBay believes:
- you have provided false information, conspired with others to gain an unfair advantage or have otherwise been involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this offer;
- a sale or purchase of any item as part of this offer has not been made in good faith, including where eBay considers that the buyer and seller may be related parties (such as family members or parties sharing the same dwelling); or
- buyers or sellers have engaged in collusive conduct or any other conduct which eBay considers unfair, fraudulent or untoward.
- Late delivery options. If your item is not delivered within the guaranteed timeframe (late delivery) and you notify eBay within the specified timeframe, you can choose from the following options:
- If you want to keep the item, and you paid for postage, you can request a refund of the postage cost from the seller;
- If you want to keep the item, and postage was free, you can request a $10 coupon towards your next purchase from eBay; or
- If the seller accepts returns and you want to return the item, you can request a free return label so that you can send it back to the seller by dropping the parcel off at your selected Parcelpoint or Australia Post location. If the seller does not accept returns on that listing, you will only have the option of redeeming a refund of the postage cost or a $10 coupon.
- Liability. To the extent permitted by law, eBay will not be responsible for any loss incurred by you in redeeming or attempting to redeem the offer or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of the offer.
- Changes. eBay reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the offer at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms on eBay.com.au.
- Jurisdiction. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales.