Sarah MacMillian - Nugsmacmillan
1. Your happiest eBay moment?
The first time I broke up a bidding war with the highest bid at 10 seconds to go.
It was the winning bid, the other two fighting between each other didn’t even see me coming!
2. What do you normally buy/sell?
Clothes, shoes, knick knacks.
3. How did you discover eBay?
I heard about it through word of mouth and online ads. Thought I’d try it out one day when I couldn’t find a black satin skirt in the shops (I have a nasty habit of buying shoes first and then trying to find an outfit to match later).
4. Most interesting item bought/sold?
A super ugly “crystal” (yeah right, more like glass) floral tealight holder that was a freebie. I can’t believe someone bought it, and for $8.00!
5. Your preferred way to pay/be paid?
6. What's the main attraction to using PayPal?
It's way too convenient and easy to use. I don't even have to remember my credit card details!
7. Best eBay bargain?
A brand new pair of black Doc Martin 8 hole boots for $60 including shipping (RRP $180). I love my shoes!
8. What do you like about buying/selling on eBay?
I like how I can do it from home anytime I want. I can have auctions ending at convenient times. The eBay selling fees are super low.
Plus it’s nice to know that someone will likely use my stuff if they pay money for it instead of having the possibility that it may be thrown out if I donate it.
9. If you could buy/sell anything on eBay what would it be?
As for selling, can you sell family members? o)
10. Was there ever one that got away? (an item you wanted to buy but missed out on?)
Sadly yes! They were the most gorgeous pair of hot pink Doc Martin boots. I thought the end time of the auction was later than it was. My heartbeat quickened when I opened my email and found the “you lost that item” email. It was a very grave day!