As a Selling Manager Pro user, you can download a Profit and Loss report that lists the profits generated by each of your sold products.
- Reviewing this report can help you efficiently determine which of your sold listings are outperforming others and help you manage your products and templates.
- The calculations are based on your product information, eBay fees, your Cost per Item and Actual Postage Cost fields located on the Sales Status & Memo section (of the Sales Record for the associated product) and the total revenue generated by the sold listing. (For information about editing your sales record, see Updating Sales Records
- The report is offered in a Condensed view and an Expanded view. Both views show the Gross Sales, Total Cost, and Total Gain for the time the report is generated, and allow you to paginate the number of rows displayed.
Downloading your reports to your computer
You can download your reports in a .CSV format. You can then import this file in many popular software packages such as Microsoft Excel TM. If you do not have Microsoft Excel TM, use any text editor to view the file contents.
To download your Sales Report:
||In the Selling Manager Pro Views, click the "Reporting" link.
||Check the date the report was last updated. If you want later version of your report, click the "Refresh" link and wait for the report to be generated. If this is the first time you are generating a report, or you have a large number of records, generating a sales report may take up to 60 minutes.
||Select the report period by selecting the month that you would like to download.
||Click the "Download" link. The download page opens.
||If the download does not start automatically or is unsuccessful, you will be prompted to start the download again by clicking the Click Here button.
||Click the Continue button when the download is complete to return to the report.
Known issues and workarounds
||Netscape users with Windows OS - When prompted to open or save the file to disk choose to "Save it to disk." If you choose to open it, all the data will be displayed in one cell.
||Mac users with Internet Explorer - The file downloaded will be saved under the name: "eBayISAPI.dll." In order to export it into Microsoft Excel TM, rename the file as a ".csv" file and then open it using Excel.
Printing your Sales Report
Using your Web browser, you can print your Selling Manager Pro reports.
||In the Selling Manager Pro Views, click the "Reporting" link. Check the date the report was last updated. If you want a more current version of your report, click the Refresh link and wait for the report to be generated. It may take up to 60 minutes to generate the report for large users.
Tip: If this is the first time you are viewing your reports, you may have to wait up to 60 minutes for your report to be ready for you to view.
||Select the report month that you would like to print.
||Click the Print button. A new browser window opens with your report formatted for printing.
||Determine whether you want the printed page(s) in portrait or landscape format and print from the new browser window.
Note: The default print option is the portrait format. To change to landscape format, change the print layout option for your browser. For Internet Explorer, Select File > Page Setup and select Landscape.
The condensed view is comprised of a table, with each row representing a single sold listing.
- Date - This is the date of the sale and is based on the site where you are subscribed to Selling Manager Pro.
- Sales Record # - This is the number of the sales record generated for the transaction. Clicking on it will take you to the sales record page for that sold listing.
- Item ID - This is the item ID of the sold item.
- Item Title - This is the title of the sold item.
- Qty - This is the quantity of items sold in the transactions.
- Part # - Optional. This field will appear if you used the Inventory feature of SMpro and entered in a part #.
- Product Name - Optional. This field will appear if you used the Inventory feature of SMpro and entered in a Product Name.
- Gross Sales - This is the sum of the sale price, the postage & handling charged to your buyer, and the insurance cost per transaction.
- Cost - This is the sum of the cost per item, the actual postage cost specified in the sales record, any PayPal fees, and the final value fees for the transaction.
If the transaction is not linked to a product or if the cost fields have not been specified, the cost per item should be 0 and the Total Item Cost will equal the sum of the postage cost and the final value fees.
- Gain - This is difference between the Gross Sales and the Cost.
In addition to the column data in each row, the Item ID and Item Title are listed in a sub-row below the column data in each column. Clicking on the title will take you to the corresponding View Item Page.
The totals for the month are displayed at the top of the page. The total costs are broken out and displayed right underneath. Total cost = The item cost, plus eBay and PayPal fees - credits.
Additional columns are accessible in the Expanded view, which you can view by clicking the "Expanded View >" link.
The expanded view is identical to the condensed view except that it has additional columns.
- Sale Price - This is the closing Price of the sale.
- Postage Charged - This is the sum of the postage & handling and insurance charged to the buyer and specified in the sales record.
- Cost of Item - This is the unit cost of the item for the transaction or listing. If the transaction is not linked to a product or if the cost fields have not been specified a "- -" will be displayed instead.
- Postage Cost - This specifies the actual postage cost for the seller.
- eBay fees - The value displayed will be the final value fees for the transactions Listing fees and credits are also displayed separately in that column.
- PayPal fees - The value displayed will be any PayPal fees associated with the transaction.
The totals for the month are displayed at the top of the page.
To reduce the number of columns that are displayed, you can return to the condensed view by clicking the "Condensed View >" link.
- Related Help topics